- Advanced PE Syllabus
- Junior High PE Syllabus
- High School PE Syllabus
- PE Class Rules & Expectations
- Want to know what we're doing? Click on link below.
- We use dynamic stretching to warm up at the beginning of class. It's a better way to prevent injuries and muscle soreness. Ask your student why! If you'd like to see examples of dynamic stretches, see the following video links.
Dynamic Stretching for Runners
Dynamic Stretching for Young Athletes (I like this one for the variety of jumping jacks)
Dynamic Stretching for Youth
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Soccer Offensive and Defensive Strategies
- Target Heart Rate Worksheet
- Target Heart Rate Chart
- Blood Pressure
- Floor Hockey
- Flag Football
- Bocce (not on PE test out)
- Cornhole (not on PE test out)
- Croquet (not on PE test out)
- Ladder Ball (not on PE test out)
- AirForce Football (not on PE test out)
- Matball (not on PE test out)
- My primary method of communication is through a bi-weekly (or more often) parent e-mail. If you would like to receive the e-mail, e-mail me at email@example.com and I will add you to the list.
- What is the difference between physical education and physical activity? Read this article . . .
PA v. PE
- Want to know why it's important to do testing and assessments in physical education? Read below!
Why Assess in PE
- Grading is much different than what you and I are probably used to, but here's a brief explanation of how it works and why it works better for me, you, and the students.
Standards-Based Grading Explanation
- Great Phone Apps for Physical Education and Fitness
- Workouts that Don't Require Equipment
Jillian Michael's Playing Card Workout
- This test-out procedure is based on the Michigan Department of Education recommended test-out procedures for physical education.
- Students must pass the written exam with a 77%.
- Study guides are listed above, and students are responsible for any printing of the guides. This will not be provided by the teacher.
- If successful on the written exam, the student will then need to pass all three physical components: PACER test, Sit & Reach, Sit Ups. Again, students are responsible for any printing and understanding of the guidelines. This will not be provided by the teacher.
- Fitness Requirements and Information
- Advanced PE Syllabus