FRESHMEN ENRICHMENT SYLLABUS
Enrichment is designed to build, monitor and enhance core academic skills related to overall school success. 9th Grade Enrichment will consist of assessments in reading, math and skills related to student success. Enrichment will include instruction and practice in SAT core areas (English, Science, Math, Reading). 0.25 credit.
- Learn specific reading strategies and skills necessary for high school success.(AOW)
- Learn note taking, studying and testing skills necessary for high school success.
- Use Khan Academy to enhance math skills.
- Review other pertinent information for freshmen success at Centreville High School.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CREDIT
1. Completion of core area content practice
2. Completion of student skills practice
- Students will participate with good faith effort in all enrichment class assignments/practice.
- Students will set goals for achievement in all core academic subjects (SAT and otherwise).
9th Grade Enrichment is a Credit/No Credit class (CR/NC).
To receive Credit for 9th Grade Enrichment, a student must successfully complete all of the aforementioned “Requirements for 9th Grade Enrichment.”