Class InformationWant to know what we're doing? Click on link below.
- Appositives Review
- Participial Phrases Review
- Prepositional Phrases Review (Remember: Anywhere a mouse can go on a ship!)
- Adjective Clauses Review
- My primary method of communication is through a bi-weekly (or more often) parent e-mail. If you would like to receive the e-mail, e-mail me at email@example.com and I will add you to the list.
The CrucibleFahrenheit 451If you're seeking a more immediate option, check YouTube for the audio version of any book or google the title along with "audio version."
- Some students are best as auditory learners. Therefore, the following books are available on CD in the high school library for students to check out:
- Article of the Week: Each week, students will be given a current events/issues article to read outside of class. Here, they will do basic active reading and write a one-page response to it as well. See the following link for a brief explanation of the whys and hows. This year, I'm incorporating different reading levels and/or topic options for the students in order to tier the AoW to meet students' reading levels.
Article of the Week Explanation
- Grading is much different than what you and I are probably used to, but here's a brief explanation of how standards-based grading works and why it works better for me, you, and the students.
Standards-Based Grading Explanation
- Are you interested to learn more about the teenage brain? Check out this resource.
PBS Special on the Teenage Brain
- Getting great books into the hands of my students is a primary goal. Here are a few links to help you find them as well.
What We Read
NPR 100 Best Ever Teen Novels
- How to Answer the 64 Toughest Interview Questions
64 Toughest Interview Questions