BULLDOG ANNOUNCEMENTS - HIGH SCHOOL –December 9, 2019
WHATS NEW SECTION:
- Stuff the Bus!
- Was a huge success again this year. Last year we donated enough food to help feed the community for 4 months and anticipate that being the case again this year. We received over $500 in cash donations that was spent at Dollar General to purchase food, clothing, and other items of need. We had great student participation in the event and thank the community, Dollar General, and Yoder's for their support with the event. Thanks to the FFA and NHS for their organization and help to make this years Stuff the Bus a success.
- Attention Project Unify members, today is a bowling date. The bus will leave at 11:00, don’t forget your lunch!
- Pick up a permission slip in the office to attend the performance of Les Miserables at Miller Auditorium on Wednesday Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:30. The cost is $50. See Ms. Roe if you have questions.
- There will be a Pursuing the Positive meeting today after school from 3:15-4:00.
- Concession Stand Volunteers needed: 12/11 Boys JH BB, 1 worker, arrive at 4:30
12/12 Boys JV BB, 2 workers, arrive at 5:15pm
Boys V BB, 2 workers, arrive at 7:00pm
- The I Belong Summit will be held in the gym on Saturday Jan. 18th from 8am-3pm. This is a community event on suicide prevention sponsored by the Community Suicide Prevention Network. See the school's website about registering for the event. The event is free and lunch will be provided. Volunteer hours are also available. See Ms. Roe if you have questions.
- Senior Parents: Pride Pages for the yearbook must be reserved with payment by December 20th. Due to publisher deadlines, we will not have space to add these after the deadline. Content is not due at this time but we do appreciate getting your photos and text promptly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org questions.
- Dual Enroll and EMC: When your class is finished, return your books to the Glen Oaks bookstore, get a receipt, and return the receipt to Ms. Roe by Dec. 19th.
- Juniors: Make sure to get any and all yard sign and decal orders to Mr. Hartong as soon as you get them. Help us put on a great prom this year and prepare for graduation next year!
Today’s Thought: “Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” ~Lao Tzu
The Usual News:
- AST will be held Monday through Thursday’s from 3:10 – 4:10. AST in in Ms. Vazquez’s room
- To view the complete breakfast and lunch menu, please visit https://cps.nutrislice.com/ or find them on our website under →our district → food service/menu.
- You can find free & reduced lunch applications on our website, under →our district → food service. There are applications in the main office as well if you would like to pick one up.
- Daily Boxes (office & kitchen) Recycling-Keely- Flatten boxes before putting them in the dumpster.
The JV girls’ basketball team opened the season on the road defeating the Bronson Vikings Friday night, 48-22. With ten players on the team, 7 recorded points in the book, 8 pulled down rebounds, and 9 players had one or more take-always. Faith Edwards led team scoring with 20 points, followed by Morgan Swanwick with 9, and Adalae Hackett with 8. Hackett also led the team rebounding with 8 boards. Excellent team effort ladies
Today’s events: JH BB at Mendon – bus at 4:15pm – game at 5:00pm
V GB at Eau Claire – bus 4:14pm – game 6:00pm
- All Students: After school, unless you are being supervised by a teacher or coach, you must leave the building after the last bell. If you are waiting for a ride, you can wait inside, between the main doors.
- Students who are returning to school during AC: if you do not have an AC, you must report either to the library or ABA room. If you have an AC class, please go directly to that class.
- Campus Life Breakfast Club - Come out and join us for donuts and encouragement for the week! Meets Monday mornings at 7am in Mr. Hartong's room.
--We have a limited supply of 2018/2019 Yearbooks, they are $50.
--2019 Seniors: pick up your book at any time, please check into the office first for a visitor pass
K.Bingaman, J.Fairchild, M.Fisher, A.Frederick, V.Gage, S.Lavalle, I.Lewis, V.Mancino, S.Schlabach, N.Wood
--Order forms are in the main office and the library. The current price is $45 but remember, it will increase to $55 (this is a new price) after Feb 14th.
--Anyone who PRE-orders books all 4 years of high school will get a $5 discount their senior year.
--The following senior students get $5 off their yearbook this year:
C.Doney, C.Geigley, C.+ D.Loker, A.McNamara, M.Pueschel, A.Webb, G.Zahn
Seniors, yearbook needs your baby photo ASAP. These can be emailed to email@example.com or you can bring in a hard copy, we will scan and return it to you by the next school day. We need senior photos as quickly as possible. Check the doc in Senior Enrichment GClassroom to see if you need to turn in a vertical or horizontal senior photo.
Pick up an application in the counseling office for the Michigan Association of State and Federal Program Specialists ($2,500). Deadline is Jan 6, 2020.
Michigan Education Association scholarship application is available at https://mea.org/mea-scholarship/. Deadline is February 20, 2020. Check Google Classroom for eligibility requirements.
Students involved in 4-H for 4 years or 2 years in a local FFA program are eligible for a $1000 scholarship. Get the application at www.ceres.coop. Email the completed app along with the required essay, attention scholarship committee, to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Ms. Roe if you have questions.
Credit Union One http://www.cuone.org/about/scholarships.aspx
- Stuff the Bus!