BULLDOG ANNOUNCEMENTS - HIGH SCHOOL –October 15, 2019
WHATS NEW SECTION:
- Parent / Teacher conferences will be next week! Tuesday, October 22nd, 4pm – 7pm in the high school gym. Wednesday, October 23rd, will be a half day, early student release at 11:30, conferences in the high school gym from 12-3:00pm and 4pm – 7pm.
- There will be a meeting for JH mentors today during AC in the athletic room. Make sure to bring your permission slip with you. See Ms. Roe if you have any questions.
- All juniors and seniors will be attending a College Fair at GOCC today from 10-11:45. Over 50 colleges, trade schools, and military reps will be there. Dual Enroll students that are not in the building during that time, stop in to see representatives.
- If you like to go see Les Miserables at Miller Auditorium on Wednesday, January 29th, at 7:30, sign the list in the office. The cost of the play will be $50-$60.
- AST will be held Monday through Thursday’s from 3:10 – 4:10- AST is in Ms. Vazquez’s room
Today’s Thought: “There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness.” ~Ethel Barrymore
The Usual News:
- To view the complete breakfast and lunch menu, please visit https://cps.nutrislice.com/ or find them on our website under →our district → food service/menu.
- You can find free & reduced lunch applications on our website, under →our district → food service. There are applications in the main office as well if you would like to pick one up.
- Daily Boxes (office & kitchen) Recycling-Salem- Flatten boxes before putting them in the dumpster.
- Any sophomores, juniors, or seniors interested in mentoring junior high students can sign up in the office. More information to follow.
SAT & PSAT/NMSQT TESTING NEWS:
- All juniors will be taking the PSAT/NMSQT on Wednesday, Oct. 16th from 7:48am-12:04pm
- The next SAT test is November 2nd. Late registration is October 22nd. Register for the test at collegeboard.org See Ms. Roe with any questions.
Today’s events: JH FB against Bangor – game at 5:00pm
JV/V VB at Mendon – bus 4:15pm – match 5:30pm
Tomorrow’s events: JH/SH XC at Bangor – bus 2:30pm – event 4:30pm
2018/2019 Yearbooks are still for sale; they are $50
--The following people have books to pick up: Seniors: M. Sheteron, O.Deeds, (Carter.G, B.French, D.Schwenk-payment due at pick up) Juniors: S.Allabach, K.Hensell, G.Mancino, M.Shingledecker, A.Younts Sophomores: C.Schwartz, (K.Troyer-payment due at pick up)
2019 Seniors: pick up your book at any time, please check into the office first for a visitor pass
K.Bingaman, S.Chaplin, J.Fairchild, M.Fisher, A.Frederick, V.Gage, S.Hensell, S.Lavalle, I.Lewis, V.Mancino, S.Schlabach, N.Wood (M.Troyer-payment due at pick up)
--Order forms are in the main office and the library. The current price is $45 but remember, it will increase to $55 (this is a new price) after Feb 14th.
--We are continuing the discount of $5 off your senior year book for anyone who PRE-orders books all 4 years of high school. The following juniors are in line for this discount when they pre-order this year: C.Bartelt, K.Bennett, E.Brownridge, G.Bunning, G.Harker, K.Hensell, M.Lorencz, G.Mancino, S.Miller, J.Prichard, M.Shingledecker, D.Stauffer, L.Webb
SENIORS: The following senior students get $5 off their yearbook this year: C.Doney, C.Geigley, C.+ D.Loker, A.McNamara, M.Pueschel, A.Webb, K.West-Wing, & G.Zahn
Seniors, yearbook needs your baby photo ASAP. These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can bring in a hard copy, we will scan and return it to you by the next school day. We need senior photos as quickly as possible. Check the doc in GClassroom to see if you need to turn in a vertical or horizontal senior photo.
The following senior students get $5 off their yearbook this year:
C.Doney, C.Geigley, C.+ D.Loker, A.McNamara, M.Pueschel, A.Webb, K.West-Wing, & G.Zahn
It's that time! Seniors Yearbook needs a baby photo from you ASAP. Shout out to Dale Miller for being the first to get his in!! Thanks Dale :) These can be emailed to email@example.com or you can bring in a hard copy, we will scan and return it to you by the next school day. In the near future, we will be requesting senior photos as well, please be mindful of this and the deadline FEB 13th!
Students involved in 4-H for 4 years or 2 years in a local FFA program are eligible for a $1000 scholarship. Get the application at www.ceres.coop. Email the completed app along with the required essay, attention scholarship committee, to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Ms. Roe if you have questions.
Credit Union One http://www.cuone.org/about/scholarships.aspx
Elks Nationals Foundation: https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/legacy.cfm for children and grandchildren of Elks members and https://www.elks.org/scholars/ for non-members.