BULLDOG ANNOUNCEMENTS - HIGH SCHOOL –December 13, 2019
WHATS NEW SECTION:
- There will be a Quiz Bowl meeting during AC on Tuesday in room 102.
- Attention class of 2020 - check your google classroom for a signup list for a senior holiday breakfast for next week. See Carter Blakely with any questions.
- Want to see a performance of Les Miserables at Miller? The cost is only $50!!! Pick up a permission slip in the office and return your money by Dec. 20th to Ms. Roe.
- Concession Stand Volunteers needed: 12/17 Girls JV BB (2) concessions workers (arrive at 5:15pm)
- Girls V BB (2) concession workers (arrive at 7:00 pm)
- The I Belong Summit will be held in the gym on Saturday Jan. 18th from 8am-3pm. This is a community event on suicide prevention sponsored by the Community Suicide Prevention Network. See the school's website about registering for the event. The event is free and lunch will be provided. Volunteer hours are also available. See Ms. Roe if you have questions.
- Senior Parents: Pride Pages for the yearbook must be reserved with payment by December 20th. Due to publisher deadlines, we will not have space to add these after the deadline. Content is not due at this time but we do appreciate getting your photos and text promptly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org questions.
- Dual Enroll and EMC: When your class is finished, return your books to the Glen Oaks bookstore, get a receipt, and return the receipt to Ms. Roe by Dec. 19th.
- Juniors: Make sure to get any and all yard sign and decal orders to Mr. Hartong as soon as you get them. Help us put on a great prom this year and prepare for graduation next year!
Today’s Thought: Have a great weekend!
The Usual News:
- AST will be held Monday through Thursday’s from 3:10 – 4:10. No AST today
- To view the complete breakfast and lunch menu, please visit https://cps.nutrislice.com/ or find them on our website under →our district → food service/menu.
- You can find free & reduced lunch applications on our website, under →our district → food service. There are applications in the main office as well if you would like to pick one up.
- Daily Boxes (office & kitchen) Recycling-Keely- Flatten boxes before putting them in the dumpster.
There will be an informational meeting for girls interested in track today during AC at 2:50.
Softball workouts will begin Sunday. There is a sign-up sheet in the front office.
Today’s events: JV/V GB at Hartford – bus 4:00pm – game 6:00pm
Tomorrow’s events: HS W at Galesburg-Augusta Tourney – bus 7:00am – match at 9:00am
GB/BB Bulldog Bash fundraiser – event at 6:00PM
- All Students: After school, unless you are being supervised by a teacher or coach, you must leave the building after the last bell. If you are waiting for a ride, you can wait inside, between the main doors.
- Students who are returning to school during AC: if you do not have an AC, you must report either to the library or ABA room. If you have an AC class, please go directly to that class.
- Campus Life Breakfast Club - Come out and join us for donuts and encouragement for the week! Meets Monday mornings at 7am in Mr. Hartong's room.
--We have a limited supply of 2018/2019 Yearbooks, they are $50.
--2019 Seniors: pick up your book at any time, please check into the office first for a visitor pass
K.Bingaman, J.Fairchild, M.Fisher, A.Frederick, V.Gage, S.Lavalle, I.Lewis, V.Mancino, S.Schlabach, N.Wood
--Order forms are in the main office and the library. The current price is $45 but remember, it will increase to $55 (this is a new price) after Feb 14th.
--Anyone who PRE-orders books all 4 years of high school will get a $5 discount their senior year.
--The following senior students get $5 off their yearbook this year:
C.Doney, C.Geigley, C.+ D.Loker, A.McNamara, M.Pueschel, A.Webb, G.Zahn
Seniors, yearbook needs your baby photo ASAP. These can be emailed to email@example.com or you can bring in a hard copy, we will scan and return it to you by the next school day. We need senior photos as quickly as possible. Check the doc in Senior Enrichment GClassroom to see if you need to turn in a vertical or horizontal senior photo.
Pick up an application in the counseling office for the Michigan Association of State and Federal Program Specialists ($2,500). Deadline is Jan 6, 2020.
Michigan Education Association scholarship application is available at https://mea.org/mea-scholarship/. Deadline is February 20, 2020. Check Google Classroom for eligibility requirements.
Students involved in 4-H for 4 years or 2 years in a local FFA program are eligible for a $1000 scholarship. Get the application at www.ceres.coop. Email the completed app along with the required essay, attention scholarship committee, to firstname.lastname@example.org. See Ms. Roe if you have questions.
Credit Union One http://www.cuone.org/about/scholarships.aspx