BULLDOG ANNOUNCEMENTS - HIGH SCHOOL –January 18, 2019
WHAT’S HAPPENING…. MEETINGS, PRACTICES, DEADLINES AND NOTICES:
Friday Exam Schedule – dismiss at 11:30
4th hr Exam
5th hr Exam
6th hr Exam
- No track conditioning today due to having a half day.
- The following students will have their artwork displayed at the Open Door Gallery in Sturgisfor the Student Art Bounce and Winter Blues Festival this Friday, January 18th from 4-8pm. Refreshments and snacks will be available. 101 W Chicago Rd, Sturgis Congratulations to Victoria Frederick, Jade Kuhbander, Hannah Clark, and Makala Carr.
- Winterfest class meetings will be Wednesday, January 23 at 11:15, locations will be announced later.
- FCA – Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Coach Keely and Coach T will have a meeting for athletes and anyone who is interested, on Friday’s in room 212. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Keely for more information. Hope to see you there!!
- Campus Life will meet in the elementary all-purpose room on January 17th and 31st at 6:30 – 8:00pm. The meeting includes, games, small group discussion’s and a short “thought of the week” designed around all kinds of topics from relationship to friends to school issues. Come hang out and have fun! Check out their webpage at: http://yfccampuslife.com. They have a new activity February 1-2, find info in the main office.
- Yearbookorder forms are in the office, pre-order your book now before the price increases mid school year. We would like to continue the senior appreciation discount. Any senior student who has PRE-ORDERED their yearbook 9th-11th grade will get $10 off their senior yearbook. Those eligible seniors are: Bartelt, Bowen. Chaplin, Mancino, Schlabach, Rhyner, Prichard, Overholt & Monnett.
- Yearbook: 2017/2018 yearbooks available to purchase. If you would like one, please make checks out to Centreville High School Yearbook. The cost is $50.
- Daily Boxes (office & kitchen) Recycling-Arver- Flatten boxes before putting them in the dumpster.
- After School Tutoring Monday – Thursday from 3:10-5:10pm. No AST today
- Today’s Lunch: No lunch, early dismissal
- SENIOR SECTION:
- Southwestern Michigan College is holding a Roadrunner Day on Monday, January 21st, beginning at 10:00am. This will be held at the Dowagiac campus at the Lyons Building. You will have lunch in the residence hall and finish with a scholarship give-away! To RSVP, go to swmich.edu/roadrunnerdays.
- Southwestern Michigan: edu/scholarships
- Michigan Education Association Scholarship: Complete the application online at https://mea.org/mea-scholarship/ Awarded to students with the following: dependent of an MEA or MEA-retired member in good standing, will attend a Michigan public community college, four-year degree institution or will attend the following private institutions: Baker College-Flint/Owosso, University of Detroit-Mercy, Adrian, Finlandia, and Albion. Deadline is Thursday, February 21, 2019.
- Davenport University Scholarships at edu/scholarships. They include: merit based scholarships, preferred/early applicant, athletic (compete in NCAA Division II), and they also offer BPA, DECA, HOSA, and Skills USA scholarships.
- All seniors please join the remind group for your class. Instructions to join are in the class of 2019 google classroom.
- Glen Oaks scholarship applications are available at glenoaks.edu. Access applications using your Viking ID or if you do not have a Viking ID, sign in using a Google email account. Applications close March 1, 2019.
- Scholarships:Credit Union One: Check out the website to access the application online at: http://www.cuone.org/about/scholarships.aspx
- Michigan Retailer Association (MRA): Eligibility is based on student or parents employed at a business that is a member of the MRA. Ask your employer if your business is part of MRA. Applications at ly/mrascholarshipsor call 1.800.366.3699. Applications must be requested by March 15th and submitted by April 1st.
- ATHLETIC NEWS:
- The JV girls’ basketball team traveled to Schoolcraft for their first road game of the season last night. The Lady Dogs’ brought home a W, defeating the Eagles 33-12. Leading in the scoring column was Paige Walton with 14 and Amy Carpenter with 10 buckets. Nine players recorded one or more steals to keep the Eagles scoreless for the third quarter. Walton and Carpenter also led the team rebounding with 6 boards each. The Lady Dogs’ record improves to 8-0.
- The JV Boys Basketball team lost to Schoolcraft last night. Leading the way was Clay Hall with 9 points, followed by Henrik Payne with 4, and Tyler Griggs with 3. Next action is home on Tuesday against White Pigeon.
- Track conditioning on Monday and Friday after school for non-winter athletes. Come join us. No conditioning Friday, the 18th.
- A trainer from Bronson Hospital is here every Tuesday to see athletes with injury/pain. See Mrs. Griffin in advance to sign up.
- Today’s Athletic Events: V G/B BB against Schoolcraft – game at 6:00pm
- Tomorrow’s Athletic Events: HS Wrestling at Bronson – van at 7:00am – match at 9:00am
SENIORS: For Yearbook
MISSING BABY PHOTOS:
M N.Atkins, A.Atkins, K.Bowen, M.Bradfield, H.Edson, A.Elkins, D.Frederick, T.Gage. L.GarciaSilva, B.Hubbard, L.Jourdan, J.Koller, J.Kuhbander, B.Lafler, J.Larrison, M.Lemings, J.Lewin, V.Mancino, J.Miller, M.Miller, R.Monnett, A.Nighswonger, T.Overholt, N.Parker, T.Pelmear, R.Prichard, A.Reed, C.Schlabach, A.Schrader, L.Schwartz, D.Skeen, A.Smith, B.Stafford, J.Troyer, I.VanSingel, G.Weller
MISSING SENIOR PHOTOS:
N.Atkins, A.Atkins, S.Bartelt, K.Bingaman, K.Bowen, M.Bradfield, S.Chaplin, H.Edson, A.Elkins, J.Fairchild, M.Fisher, D.Frederick, T.Gage. L.GarciaSilva, B.Graber, M.Happel, S.Hensell, B.Hubbard, L.Jourdan, M.Kirby, J.Koller, B.Lafler, J.Larrison, S.Lavell, M.Lemings, J.Lewin, V.Mancino, J.Miller, M.Miller, R.Monnett, C.Morquecho, A.Nighswonger, J.Norgan, T.Overholt, N.Parker, T.Pelmear, R.Prichard, J.Rank, A.Reed, C.Schlabach, S.Schlabach, A.Schrader, E.Schrock, L.Schwartz, D.Skeen, A.Smith, B.Stafford, K.Stephenson, K.Trattles, J.Troyer, M.Troyer, S.Tucker-StLouis, I.VanSingel, G.Weller, N.Wood