BULLDOG ANNOUNCEMENTS - HIGH SCHOOL –May 20, 2019
WHATS NEW SECTION:
- Seniors: Please remember to return all library books today.
- Attention next year's juniors and seniors: Applications to be a Freshman Mentor next year are available from Ms. Arver. They will be due on May 24th.
- There will be a meeting for JH mentors today during AC in room 202.
- The concession stand is in need of student volunteers for the track event on Tuesday, May 21st.
- There will be another informational meeting for parents regarding scheduling, HS graduation requirements, Dual Enrollment, CTE, and Early Middle College at 6 pm at Monday, May 20th in the library.
- Attention 8th graders through 11th graders interested in running for office next year. If you're running for office, you may have two (2) and only 2 pieces of 11x17 construction paper for campaign signs. Each sign MUST be ok'd/initialed by Ms. Arver before you can put it up. See your advisors for paper. Elections will be during English classes on Friday, May 17.
- Centreville invite shirts are for sale for $10. See Coach Hulin if interested.
- Dual enroll and EMC students: If you haven’t turned your books to The Oaks bookstore, you need to do that by Thursday, May 16th. Return your book, get a receipt, and give the receipt to Ms. Roe. Please turn these in to avoid paying fees for the books. If you have any questions, see Ms. Roe.
- Upcoming dates for your calendar: Tonight- today Senior Final Exams, May 20th Senior Final Exams/Last Day, May 23rd Graduation 7:00pm
- Today’s Thought: “A smile is the shortest distance between two people.”
THE USUAL NEWS:
- After School Tutoring Monday – Thursday from 3:10-5:10pm. AST is in Ms. Vazquez’s room
- Today’s Lunch: Quesadilla, Salsa, Refried Beans, Tortilla Chips, Corn, Mandarin Oranges
- Daily Boxes (office & kitchen) Recycling-Borkholder- Flatten boxes before putting them in the dumpster.
- FCA – Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Coach Keely and Coach T have a weekly meeting for athletes and anyone who is interested, every Friday in room 212 at 6:45. Hope to see you there!!
- The Varsity golf team was at the White Pigeon invite Friday. The team finished in 3rd place for the day. Carter Geigley made the top 5 with a 5th place finish. Nice job golfers!!
- Congratulations to the girls' track team for earning a 2nd place finish in the D3 regional hosted here at Centreville on Saturday. The girls performed exceptionally well in all events. Gabby Bowen set a school record in the 100 hurdles and qualified for state. The 800 relay team of Avian Younts, Gabby Bowen, Samara Schlabach, and Danielle Stauffer ran a season best and qualified for state. Other great performances were in the 3200 relay, shot put, 800, 1600, and 3200 run. Results are posted outside the office.
- Congratulations to the boys and girls track teams for each of their 2nd place finishes in the Division 3 Regional on Saturday. The boys had 5 athletes qualify to compete at the MHSAA state meet on June 1. Tyler Overholt is your Regional Champion in the Discus with a throw of 152'10", Jared Rank finished 2nd in the 400 meter run with a time of 52.62 and the 3200-meter relay team of (Michael Hostetler, Gunner Bunning, Tyler Swanwick, and Jared Rank) finished 2nd with a time of 8:35.15. Many athletes earned medals and ran personal bests to achieve the 2nd place team finish. Official results will be posted by the office. Thank you to all of our volunteers who helped to make this event a success.
- A trainer from Bronson Hospital is here every Tuesday to see athletes with injury/pain. See Mrs. Griffin in advance to sign up.
- Today’s Athletic Events: V SB against Concord (DH) - game at 4:30
- V BA at Hartford (DH) - bus 2:30 – game 4:30
- JV BA/SB at Concord (DH) – bus 2:30 – game 4:30
- Tomorrow’s Athletic Events: HS TF Southwest 10 Championship – event 2:30
V BA/SB at Bangor (DH) – van 2:45 – game 4:30
- There are still caps/gowns and announcements that have not been picked up. Please see Mrs. Griffin in the main office.
- The Three Rivers Elks scholarship is now available in the counseling office. Turn it in to Ms. Roe by 3pm May 24th or you can drop it off to the elks by 8pm May 24th.
- Davenport University Scholarships at edu/scholarships. They include: merit based scholarships, preferred/early applicant, athletic (compete in NCAA Division II), and they also offer BPA, DECA, HOSA, and Skills USA scholarships.
- Scholarships:Credit Union One: Check out the website to access the application online at: http://www.cuone.org/about/scholarships.aspx
- Seniors: Regan needs choice pictures from: Kyzer B, Michael B, Sami C, Mason F, Brandon G, Tori G, Brooklyn H, Joe K, Rebecca L, Sam L, Jacob Lewin, Ivee L, Vincent M, Trae M, Madison M, Courtney M, Tyler O, Nathaniel P, Tanner P, Raven P, Jared R, Austin R, Cayden S, Samara S, Austin S, Liam S, Damien S, Ariadna S, Ben S, Makenzi T, Shyanne S, Isabelle V, Gavin M.
- Yearbookorder forms are in the office, pre-order your book now before the price increases mid school year. We would like to
- continue the senior appreciation discount. Any senior student who has PRE-ORDEREDtheir yearbook 9th-11th grade will get $10 off their senior yearbook. Those eligible seniors are: Bartelt, Bowen. Chaplin, Mancino, Schlabach, Rhyner, Prichard, Overholt & Monnett.
- Yearbook: 2017/2018 yearbooks available to purchase. If you would like one, please make checks out to Centreville High School Yearbook. The cost is $50.
**Please be aware that this years PICTURE DAY PHOTOS have been placed in the missing spaces for the following students, if you'd like to replace it with a senior photo of your choice it must be sent to Ms. Rolfe by TODAY
MISSING SENIOR PHOTOS WITH PICTURE DAY STAND IN K.Bingaman, M.Bradfield, S.Hensell, D.Pelfrey, J.Rank, A.Schrader, L.Schwartz, D.Skeen, B.Stafford,
**Please be aware that an ELEMENTARY PICTURE DAY PHOTO has been placed in the missing spaces for the following students, if you'd like to replace it with a baby photo of your choice it must be sent to Ms. Rolfe by TODAY
MISSING BABY PHOTOS with Elementary stand in: M.Bradfield, B.Stafford,
MISSING BABY PHOTOS (blank space): A.Schrader, L.Schwartz, D.Pelfrey
MISSING QUOTES: D.Pelfrey
THIS AREA WILL REMAIN BLANK UNLESS SUBMITTED BY TODAY (Please complete in the Class of 2019 Google Classroom)